March 6, 2013
Pop Links 3.6.13: CM lists key numerical facts from 630+ days teaching; more women than men graduating college; graphing cartoon characters; song to help students get ready for tests
- “Number of times I’ve said ‘The answer is no. It was no a few minutes ago, it is no now, and it will be no again.’: 238” A 2nd year CM assigns numerical values to the key events that sum up his 630+ days teaching to make a final conclusion about whether it all was worth it!
- In this country, women are winning the education gender wars. Read more about the growing discrepancy between male and female college graduation rates. #girlpower
- Instill a love of graphing in your students by giving them graphing coordinates that reveal cartoon characters when plotted correctly.
- Many times, success on exams is dependent on the test taker’s ability to calm his or her nerves. See how one school is helping students achieve this end through song!
- TFANet Resource: Geometry