As you look forward to Thanksgiving break and spending time with friends and loved ones, gratitude and expressing your appreciation for the positive things in life are top of mind. But how do you bring that dedicated time for reflection into your life beyond Thanksgiving? Here are seven ways to adopt a daily gratitude practice.
1. Hand-write a note of appreciation to someone who supports your life at home or school.
2. Post pictures of daily gratitudes on Instagram.
3. Write a nightly list of 2-3 positive events that happened during the day.
4. Incorporate mindful meditation into your routine by focusing on the people for whom you are grateful.
5. Express your gratitude to those you love; let them know how much you appreciate them.
6. Say “thank you” as many times as you can throughout the day, whenever someone shows you even the slightest sign of consideration.
7. Focus on what you have rather than what you are missing or lack in your life.
What other ways to do you incorporate expressions of gratitude into your daily life? Share in the comments.