In honor of Labor Day, we’ve compiled 9 poems from our student Poet Warriors about how they view the work of their parents. Take a moment to read through the collection and see your student’s parents through their eyes.
Read the collection of poems:
- Mi Familia del Rancho by Viridiana Rangel
- Hard Work Pays Off by Faith Robinson
- I Work For You, Mija by Jessica Antonio
- Walking In His Footsteps by Dallason Davis
- We Are Humans, Too by Jonathan Serrano
- Everyday I Think About by Serafin Rosete
- Don’t Never Give Up by Jamiya Bryant
- Where You Were From And Today by by Nhia Her
- The Truth Of Life by RoseLourdes Sario
- What I See When I Look Out My Window by Nicole Garoutte
- Taco Eater House Cleaner Wife Beater by Shawn Atkinson
The Poet Warriors Project is a Teach For America creative-writing initiative that encourages students to discover the lessons they have to teach about identity, community, place, and family, and then share their stories through poetry. Students sharpen their understanding of their world, learn to craft poetic narratives, and then publish for the nation to see in order to teach, empower, and create change.